How to make your summer pool party stand out | Lower Mainland Home Design
Oh summer – how it has been long anticipated due to a long and cold winter front that seemed to drag on. With the sunshine finally making an appearance and kids being out of school, what better excuse to throw a killer pool party?
Grab your favourite snacks, hamburger toppings, and those “adult” drinks the kids always want to try and throw an epic day at the pool with your favourite family and friends. We aren’t talking just your typical chips with dip and hot dogs – or those dreaded pool noodles. It’s time to make your pool parties stand out and we’re here to give you all the best ‘tips and tricks’ to do just that. From decor to the pool amenities, people are going to be talking about how much fun they had at your house.
Ideas to Make Your Pool Party Stand Out:
– Send out some “tropical” themed invitations. I don’t know about you, but I love getting mail – especially when it’s a personalized invitation to an event or party.
– Throw up some paper lanterns. They’re extremely ‘in’ right now and at night will add an extra dimension and pretty scenery once the sun starts to set.
– Set up some decor around your backyard and the pool to give it an extra sense of flair
– Get creative with your drinks: have a signature cocktail that guests can sip on and add some fun garnish or silly straws to stand out.
– Be creative with your food menu: keep it within the theme (if your pool party has one)
– Fun games – such as pool volleyball or basketball: nothing is more fun than getting in the water and playing a good competitive game against your friends. Yes floating is also nice, but let’s get interactive with adults and the kiddos.
– Give your gifts a send off gift: whether it be a bag of sweet treats or a baked good it’s always nice to thank someone for coming over.